We are a doorset manufacturing company based in Mallusk, Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland. Previously a family owned and run business with an excellent reputation for quality and delivering outstanding customer service for over 25 years. Now owned by a larger parent company, KCC Group, which provides access to greater volumes and opportunities within the construction sector in the UK and ROI.
Overview of the Position
The position of Wood Machinist will be responsible for the production of high quality timber and MDF products including components for door frames, screens, beads and stops using various mechanised and hand tools. This role is permanent, full-time and reports into the Joinery Supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Manufacture and assemble joinery components
- Ability to read and interpret workshop/design drawings and schedules
- To operate the required machinery including planers, spindle moulders, straight line edger, band saw, tenon machine and drum sander.
- Ensure equipment is maintained
- Ensure all paperwork is completed in line with Quality Management Systems
- Ensure quality standards are met and maintained
- Demonstrate knowledge of timber
- Assist with bench joinery and undertake possible site visits to survey or carry out repair work if required
- Carry out other duties as required
- Previous workshop experience
- Attention to detail, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organisational skills and determination
- High degree of initiative and self -motivation
- Flexibility and willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Must be a team player
- NVQ level 3 (or City & Guilds equivalent) in joinery
If you think you would be suitable for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.