Remedial works to BM TRADA standards
As part of our post-inspection service, we can carry out any repair and remedial works needed to ensure your fire doors are restored to full compliance, with an expert team trained to strict BM TRADA Approved Repair Techniques. We also supply and fit replacement parts as needed, all supported by a 2,000 square meter repair and manufacturing facility, stocked with over 20,000 products, allowing us to quickly supply any required parts.
In some instances, repair work will be required and in others, where the level of damage is too high, replacement doors may be the only solution. Either way, we offer solutions to reduce maintenance costs, increase the lifespan of the door and frame whilst retaining fire integrity and aesthetics.
Some of the most common repairs include:
- Poorly hung door leaf that needs to be re-positioned to minimise gaps around the unit
- Replacement of intumescent seals and strips
- Damaged woodwork where heavy daily use has worn down or cracked the materials over time
- Cracked or damaged vision panels
- Non-stamped or non-fire rated glazing used in vision panels
- Defective or non fire-rated ironmongery such as hinges, locks and levers
- Defective door closing device
- Lack of compliant Fire Door Signage
- Malfunctioning hold open devices or obstacles to door closing